Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Magnificent Magnets!

So, a few years back I made a magnet board out of an oil drip pan for the boys' play room, similar to this one that I saw on Pinterest.  It's just a simple oil drip pan I got at Walmart and spray painted it to match the colors of the play room.
(My personal magnetic board isn't pictured because it's in the boys' play room and well....it's a huge mess!)

When I first made the board years ago, I used the magnetic letters on there so the boys could play with them.  However, as they got older and knew their alphabet, I started thinking that they needed different magnets.  I ordered some picture magnets from Shutterfly, but those add up quickly!  Then I came up with a genius idea!  Use the magnets that businesses give out for free and put stickers on them!!  The magnets are so thin that you can easily cut them into any shape! It was a fun activity because the kids could help me by picking out the stickers they wanted and putting them on the magnets. It's a fun quick way to add some fun to hanging up all their "masterpieces."

No comments:

Post a Comment