Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Lazy Cook

In my house, my husband does most of the cooking.  I used to do a lot of the cooking before we had two kids and before he decided to be a health nut.  Now that he's watching what he's eating, I just let him do the cooking because he needs to know all the proteins, carbs, and what-not in stuff.  Today, I decided I would try to be the helpful wife and make a quick and easy meal in the Instant pot.  I feel like a soup would be good.  I am a home health nurse, so I eat a lot of my stuff in the car and I think that drinking a soup would be easy. So I look up "easy healthy instant pot soup."  Up pops this beauty!  I look at all the ingredients.  I have them....ish.  I don't have fresh veggies, but I have frozen broccoli, and a frozen broccoli normandy blend that has the cauliflower and the carrots it calls for.  The recipe calls for sauteing onion....well some onion powder will do and almond milk?  Ummm....skim milk will be fine.  And parmesan from the can will also work just fine, right?  I threw everything in the instant pot, frozen and all! 10 minutes on the steam mode and then used the immersion blender and all was done!  It was easy peasy and yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment