Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chocolate is the answer!

I started a new job this month.  I have a rather large office all to myself.  It's really quite nice, but being that I haven't really had an office to my own or at least one that I got to decorate to my choosing, I have very few decorations or personal touches.  My mission tonight was to change that.
The job I have is somewhat stressful, and what's the best thing to handle stress?? CHOCOLATE!  So, I saw a cute little image on pinterest.  It said "Chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is."  I thought it would be perfect for a little jar of chocolate candies on my desk.  I went out and got a nice little glass jar at a consignment shop for $1.99 and went to my computer to create something my Silhouette Cameo could cut out and slap onto the jar.  (I got a little extra motivation since I discovered the weekly challenge on the silhouette blog and I thought I would go for it!) 
Creating it wasn't an issue at all, but I overshot how big my jar was. It's a small 3.5 inch square space that I had to work with.  That means the Silhouette had to cut VERY small letters.  It didn't have much issue with that at all, it's just that I'm a cheapskate and I used black contact paper. (I want to save my vinyl for when I'm confident with using my machine.  This is only the third project that I have used it for.)  Transferring contact paper can prove to be difficult as it's not as sticky as vinyl.  I lost a letter the first time I did it, then two the second time.  Black paper on a black desk top with black clothes on makes for finding little pieces of black contact paper nearly impossible!! As I was about to give up and just eat the chocolate that was going to put in the jar, I decided that it really didn't need to be perfect so I mixed and matched letters and skipped the embellishment all together since that was WAY to intricate and kept ripping on me.  I think it ended up nice despite my struggles and the uneven lettering.  My favorite font in this project was Birmingham, which is what I used for the word "Chocolate."  I also used Arial Bold.  I can't remember what other ones I used, but they were standard ones that my computer already had on file as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment