Sunday, January 19, 2014

Who needs exercise anyway?

So, the exercise portion of the new years goal is really losing motivation.  It’s really difficult to do any sort of “formal” excise with my kids around. My husband and I decided to sign up for the YMCA because between both of our work’s discounts and rebates, it’s only about $30 a month for the entire family. How could we say no? They even have free daycare!Well, that’s great an all, but by the time I get home from work, and get things settled, it’s supper time, and then it’s calm down time, and then it’s bed time for the kids.  There is no way I’m going to be dragging them out and wiring them up right before bed all on my own. (Yay to being a wife of a second shifter...)  Then there is the option of me going to exercise before work.  Not really an option since who is going to watch, feed, and dress the kids?  My husband says he would get up and do it, but saying and doing are two different things.  Since the Y is near where I work, I could go over there on my lunch hour, which I may do eventually, but right now I’m still getting used to this new job and I haven’t been able to schedule it in.  So… for now, my husband is getting fit!  He’s going after he drops off the kids at where they need to be he works his butt off. He’s signed himself up for a triathlon that my sister and brother in-law do every Spring.  I jokingly asked him if I should sign up for it too, since everyone else is doing.  He looked at me and laughed.  I guess that’s a no.  I have it half in mind to sign up for it and show him who’s who, but yeah…he laughed because I would die and I really would.

In other areas of my new years resolutions, I’m doing great!  We are saving a lot of money by not going shopping as often and me not commuting as far to work anymore.  The house is much more organized.  

Here are a few things that I have done to keep it organized:
Under Sink tension rod to hang up my cleaning products.  I really don't use any cleaning products in I use Norwex (It's an all natural cleaner that kills germs with just a cloth and water!! It's amazing!)  I just can't get myself to part with cleaning products because that would be so wasteful.  Last year my boss was moving and was getting rid of his cleaning products and I took his so they wouldn't go in the landfill.   Sigh....so anyway, here is my collection.





I also got some help from my husband to make a electronics drawer.  We just drilled a hole in the back of the drawer for a power strip cord could go through it and the power strip just sits the in drawer and we can plug in all of our electronics and they aren't hanging out all over the place.  It's also perfect to keep the battery chargers at for the cameras there too!


Now in terms of having more fun with kids, I have been making a lot of snacks WITH them, rather than FOR them.  We made two different kinds of puppy chow (of muddy buddies as some people call them.)  One was the regular kind, the other was snickerdoodle cookie flavored.  I followed a pin on pinterest to The Recipe Critic to find that recipe. It was awesome and my husband loved it!  His favorite cookies are snicker doodle cookies.

The kids and I also attempted to make an igloo.  The idea was fun, but like me resolutions, the follow through wasn’t totally there.  My older son really wanted to build one, but he was the contractor, and I was the worker.  The younger son thought he should be the inspector and basically said none of the work was good enough and would knock it down and make me start over.  That left me and the contractor kind of frustrated.  After 2 hours and no real progress, we called it a day and went inside for some hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment